Monday, April 20, 2009

Changes in the Path of Life

It happens all the time. We are headed down a certain path in life and then all of a sudden we hit a road block in the middle of the trail that stops us. Often times we are blindsided by the road block and want to go around it but we cannot go around it. We must work to move the road block which means we have to stop skipping along life's path, make a CHANGE and develop a power strong enough to move the road block. When we become strong enough to move the road block, it's then that we can continue down the path of life and see what more or new exciting things that God has in store for us.

So many times we receive signs from God that point us in a certain direction. The key word to that statement is a "certain" direction. Often times we think we know what the end result will be when we choose to follow a certain path. But what we must realize is that just because we follow a certain direction, sometimes the rainbow at the end of the trail might be something totally different than we thought we would receive when we reach the pot of gold. Sometimes God takes us down a certain path in life to make us see things we never saw or make us realize things we never knew before. God will never mislead us, but we must follow His direction and we will then see what He has in store for us.

God brings every person into our life for a REASON of some kind. Sometimes it is to make us see the light about a situation, or the truth about another person. Everything happens for a reason, and there is something we learn about life through every obstacle we overcome and every person that crosses out path. Remember that things happen in God's time, not ours. We must continue to pray for guidance on a daily basis to arrive to our destination in life.

So if you hit a road block in life or are afraid to make CHANGES in life, remember to ROLL WITH THE CHANGES. Sometimes people get hurt in the midst of the situation, and other times people find out exactly where they are meant to be in life. God will never intentionally hurt us, but we must go through trials and tribulations to make ourselves stronger so that we know when we reach the place in life we are supposed to be. God will only bless us as long as we ask for guidance from Him above. And if we think we are where we are supposed to be and then thunder strikes BAM, that is NOT where we are supposed to be. We must keep moving forward and take lessons learned from the past and apply them to our current scenario so that we can reach our future destination.

I am amazed at some of the paths God has taken me down in life. One minute I think I know exactly where I'm headed and have everything figured out, and then lightning strikes. The lightning is never a bad thing because if lightning strikes, it means we are supposed to change direction or take another path than we were heading. And when I have made changes down the path I am headed, I have been blessed so abundantly I can't even describe it. I know now that I am exactly where I am meant to be, and who is supposed to be in my life for a reason, who is supposed to be in my life for a season, and who is supposed to be in my life for longer than a season.

God works in mysterious ways. He uses people to send us messages whether they are good or bad. He will never steer us wrong if we listen to Him. He also uses people to show us when we need to make a change in the direction we are going. Thank you God for all the blessings you have given to me. I cannot begin to imagine my life any other way than it is now. As I always say, live and love happy because life is short and we never know what can happen from day to day...

No comments: