Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year 2010!

It's that time of year again. The last day of the year and the welcoming of a new year to arrive in just a few hours. The day we all make resolutions and then stick to them for a couple weeks and then forget what our resolutions were. I don't really make resolutions, but I set small goals for myself that I would like to accomplish each year. 2009 has been a great year for me and my girls. I started out 2009 with no clue what would happen during the year. I am happy to say it's turned out to be a pretty good year. There were hills and valleys like there are in everyday life, but the good news is that it was more on flat ground this year!

Last year was my big year of change in 2008. I learned so much about myself in that year. I have still learned alot about myself in 2009 but in different ways. We all have things we need to experience so that we can learn lessons in life. That goes both ways for good lessons and hard lessons. . I have met some wonderful people this year that have touched my life in so many ways. It can even start as early as January 1 of the new year. And it did. January 1 was a new year, a new beginning for me to experience 365 days of excitement, craziness, good times, sad times, and to learn even more about what direction God wants me to go. Looking back, this year was more leveled out than some others years I've had in life. I'm starting and ending the year the same person I was on December 31, 2008. I have changed a little but not near as much as last year.

Did I mention that time took away the 2 and left me with a 3 for another decade. I can't exactly say the word "thirty" yet. But I'm working on it. Really, I am. But let's not talk about age right now...

This has been a year of fun with the best things that have ever happened to me ~ my girls. They are both growing up so fast. My little one took a mature turn when she started preschool and is much more pleasant to be around most of the time =). Lately she will look at me and say "Mommy, I love you so much" and it almost brings tears to my eyes every time! That brightens my world when I hear that from my baby and makes me forget about everything else at the time. My oldest is also becoming more grown up in her own way too. She is no longer the "little girl" even though she is still my little girl. I do believe the pre-teen thing has hit our house this year and some days I like it, other days I can't stand it. Regardless, she has become a little adult in her own little way and it's nice. I can actually talk to her more than I ever could and she understands more. She is still the same sweet daughter she has always been; that is something she will never loose. She is quite mature for her age and it's nice to be able to sit down and snuggle with my baby who will hit double digits next year.

Reflecting back, it's been a good year. I would like to thank each person who changed my life this year. I am grateful for each and everything that happened to me this year because it made me into a better person and molded me into who I am TODAY. I have been wonderfully blessed in my job, in my family, with my friends, in my life. I cannot thank God enough for all He has done in my life, and my daughters lives. So here is a big welcome to 2010! Thank you 2009 for such a great year, but it's time to move on and allow the next year and the surprises it holds to arrive. I want to wish each and every one a Happy New Year! Be safe, live happy, laugh often, love much, and don't regret anything you ever did because at one point it was exactly what you wanted. Toodles until next year and may you have a blessed new year in 2010!


No comments: