Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Another Reminder of Our Blessings

Well, well, one of the last times I remember writing was over the fact I was ready for spring. Now summer is here, and already half over it seems like! Time just flies so fast anymore. We age just a little each day, but yet it doesn't seem like it. Our kids grow a little more each year, each month, each week, each day and before we know it, time has really flown by and they aren't babies anymore. Yes, time flies whether we like it or not. Life has been so busy for me lately that I haven't had time to blog. I miss it; I really do! But as the old saying goes, when all is well, there isn't much to say. Life is grand, kids are great, job is booming as it always does, and everything else is just swell.

I was reminded recently of how important life really is and how we should live each day to the fullest. I love making the most of each day. Sometimes that's easier said then done. I love summer, but then again, I don't like it. We are gone almost every night of every week doing some 4-H activity, or something. It's fun but it's tiring. And at the end of the day most days, I am beyond ready for my head to hit the pillow. Life is short and I want to make the most of it, but sometimes relaxation is nice too. An acquaintance of ours was killed in a motorcycle wreck a few days ago. He was 45 and left behind a wife and 3 kids. It shocked me when I heard even though I did not know the man very well. He was driving down the road I live on when he died. I was not a witness to the scene; nor would I have wanted to be. That would involve a wrecked vehicle and that is just not something I can look at without flipping over the top. But the point is, he was here that morning, and gone by the next morning. Life can change at the drop of a hat, and we must accept what comes our way whether we want to or not.

I thank God every day that I have been blessed with all that I have in my life. And I also know that if something is in God's will, it will happen when the time is right. One of the greatest things about the future is the unknown surprises that God has in store for us that we do not even know about yet. Or we could call it God's blessings of the future. Even if you have your "future" planned out, things can change. Life changes all the time and we must roll with it to stay sane. That's just my little reminder for today. As I always say, life live to the fullest. Love is one of the greatest treasures of all. Do not take life or love for granted. Appreciate all the blessings in life because you never know when those might be gone. Good night and God bless!

No comments: