Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas Ya'll

This Christmas day marks the most glorious day of the year - the birth of Jesus Christ. Today is a day to reflect on the past year, spend time with family and friends, and to celebrate the reason for the season.

Looking back on 2008, this has been a wonderful year for me. I have come a long way this year and plan to keep moving forward as life rolls along. I have had the wonderful blessing to spend time with family and friends today and many times this past year. God has poured many blessings into my life this year. I am so grateful for each and every blessing that has been given to me and my family!

Now for a different twist - a holiday reminder about how Santa makes mistakes too like any other human being:

My oldest daughter always leaves a card for Santa Claus each year. She thanks him for the presents and reminds him to drink his milk and eat the cookies left for him. She also reminded me of a funny story last night. Last year Santa Claus mixed up the stockings and put little one's belongings in older sister's stocking. OOPS Santa must have been exhausted last year and didn't realize his mistake. So in the card was spelled out to Santa which stocking was for which child. He got it right this year. Good job Santa and thanks for the lovely gifts under our tree this year!!!

I want to wish each and every one a Merry Christmas! And Happy Birthday Jesus!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have often wondered what was the color of Santa's hair before it turned grey? LOL

Simple Country Girl said...

Maybe Santa was a blonde? Ha!