Thursday, February 26, 2009

We Must Be Responsible Now

When we are born into this world, we are all tiny little helpless babies who rely on our parents or caretakers to give us what we need. And as we grow, we still rely on adults to supply our needs and give us the care we require while sprouting up into adulthood. And then as time passes by, which happens all too fast, we eventually grow up to be 18, get out of school, and get out into the real world. Then reality really sets in when we are all grown and responsible for ourselves in life. When we are young and small, we can't wait to grow up and be adults so we can do what we want when we want. But then it's ironic how often times once we grow up, we wish to be young again and not have the full responsibility load that comes with being an adult.

I have to admit I have always been responsible, even when I was young and didn't know then what I know now. I have always had a good head on my shoulders and knew right from wrong. And I am proud to say I have walked the straight and narrow most of my life. I have been told by others that they are proud of the kind of person I am and the way I choose to live. I have been called an inspiration by some which is completely flattering to me because in my eyes, I am just me. Just a good simple country girl who lives life to the fullest each day. I will say I find the best in every situation, no matter what the circumstances are. Each and every person can learn something from every scenario in life if they would just open their eyes and learn to listen. But with every thing I have been through in life, good or bad, it had made me into the responsible person that I am today.

Choosing to be responsible does not come easily to some. There are those in this world who seem to never grow up, no matter how old they are. They live on the edge, don't take responsibility for things that they should, and are often referred to as self centered individuals. It is sad, but that's the way some people choose to live life. They go through life as though time will pass at a slow pace, and do not realize what they are missing out on as time is currently passing. I personally feel pity for those who choose to be irresponsible and the only thing I can do is pray for those who fall into this category. Because I truly believe one day, irresponsible people will look back and wonder where the time went. Life is short and time is too precious to live as if tomorrow will be here forever.

I have learned that being a parent makes someone responsible whether they want to be or not. It's a completely different world when you become a parent and another person relies completely on you for care and nourishment. Not only does another person rely on you, but that little person will come to depend on you as they grow and mature. Being a mom is by far the best thing that has ever happened to me in my life. And since I grew up being responsible, it was easy to follow that trait and take care of my babies to the best of my ability. My girls are my world and I would not be the person who I am today without them. They keep me going each and everyday and are always there for me no matter what. So that in essence is why I am a responsible person, or should I say the two reasons I make responsibility a priority.

I do think most of today's people in the world are responsible. Or at least they would like to think they are. Being responsible is in the choice of the beholder. They can choose to be a good upstanding citizen and take responsibility for their actions or creations, or they can take the wrong path and ignore their responsibilities and later live to regret it at some point in time. Really, there is only two directions to go on the matter - responsible or irresponsible. There is no middle ground on the subject of responsibility. Either people can rely on you or they figure out they must rely on themselves to accomplish tasks.

Have you pondered the subject of responsibility lately? Do you consider yourself to be a responsible individual? If you answered yes to the last question, wonderful! Keep on being dependable and taking care of your responsibilities. If you had to stop and think about it for a minute, maybe that should tell you something. If you could not confirm with a clear "yes" in a quick second, then maybe you need to make some changes in your life. Maybe you need to become more responsible for something you are slacking on. If each person took responsibility for their actions or was a responsible person in general, this world would be a much better place. I know I cannot change the world, but I can make a difference by being a good person and responsible adult. I can be an influence to others by taking care of my responsibilities and setting a good example. And maybe just maybe, my actions will inspire others to be more responsible in this world. So if you need to take responsibility for something in your life, start today! The change should come sooner than later, so why not begin right now and try to make a difference? You never know... maybe your actions will make someone else be more responsible in this world.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, Dear Daughter
You are very responsible person and I am proud of you. Love
-MOM-