Wednesday, September 10, 2008

We Will Always Remember

Today is the eve of the terrible day that occurred in this country 7 years ago. That is one day that will go down in history we will remember for the rest of our lives. Not only will we remember the terrible events of the day, but we will remember where we were when he heard that our country was under attack. We will also remember what we did that day. I can remember I was at work at my previous job when I heard on the radio that one of the Twin Towers in New York had been hit by a plane and it would probably be in the news alot that day. Then within 10 minutes the radio stopped broadcasting their normally scheduled program and started in with full blown coverage of this "The United States is under terrorist attack..." I can remember my co-worker went and got a TV so we could watch the news coverage on television. I remember I was in Hallmark that day at lunch and people around me were talking about how terrible it was and if they knew of anyone around that area. There are so many stories and each person could tell their version of September 11, 2001. One e-mail that went around years ago was the one about driving with your headlights turned on all day in remembrance of those who lost their lives on 9/11. That is a tradition I have continued with each year on that particular day. So remember to wear red, white and blue on September 11 and take an extra moment to pray for our troops fighting overseas. When I wake up tomorrow morning, I will again remember what that day was like 7 years ago and I will remember the events of that day. Take a moment of silence during the intervals in the morning when the planes hit the buildings and then the moment the towers collapsed. And always remember to live each day to the fullest because we never know when God will come to call for us...

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Hey girlie--it's your "sis" Kim! I just read your post and it is really touching. I think everyone remembers where they were when 9/11 happened. It really did change the world. It was such a scary time and I couldn't understand how so-called "religious" people could be so full of evil and hate. I hope to God that our country never has to go through something like that again.
Keep up the blogging--it is so nice to read your posts!!