Thursday, September 10, 2009

May God Bless Your Day!

Today is a good day because... I have chosen to make it a good day! We all need days where our spirits are lifted and nothing can ruin the day. We also all need a good laugh in our day. I just love humor! That's what keeps me going somedays. Have you ever had a good laugh about something? It's funny how when you laugh, you feel better afterwards. It's almost as if a laugh releases negative energy from your body. Or sometimes we can be having the worst day, or one of those days where nothing is going right. Usually when that happens to me, I start to laugh about all the mishaps because what else can you do, really? You can get more mad at the situation or you can laugh about it and make yourself feel better!

I can honestly say life is good. I love my life because I have been extremely blessed with so many things from the Lord ~ my children, my family, my friends, my home, my job, my little SUV that I love, and the list goes on and on! I think the reason I love life so much is because of the positive attitude I always carry. Not alot gets me down and when it does, I turn it all over to the Lord. That happened to me last week and I had to almost smack myself on the head and snap out of it. I immediately stopped pouting over whatever it was, and prayed that the Lord took all of the "stuff" I didn't want, all the burdens I was carrying, and you know what? He did. It was as if my worries were lifted right outside of my body and carried off into the clouds. It was an amazing feeling really. You should try it sometime!

I absolutely love writing on this blog. I started this a year ago and it has been great therapy for me at times. It has been a way to vent about whatever it is on my mind. It has been a way for me to come out of my shell even more. It has been a way for me to discover this buried writing talent I have always had and didn't know it. It has been a way for me to meet new friends, some that have turned into the bestest friends I have ever had. Overall, it has been a new way for me to share some humor, share inspirational thoughts, and whatever comes to my brain. But I have also discovered something funny over the past few days. Sometimes I get accused of writing a blog about a particular person and that person wants an explanation. I had a good laugh over that one recently! Actually more than once. Someone wants to take credit for inspiring something I have written. I always have a good laugh about that one every time. Because really what I write is not always about someone or something in particular, it is a combination of things I have been through or thoughts that brew in my head for months or years.

Would you believe that sometimes I get a title of a blog in my head and I write it down? I have no idea how the blog will be written, but I know God puts that on my heart to write a blog about something. I admit there are times something or someone will trigger a new blog, but that's not always the case. Sometimes I am just bored and sit down to type and God puts the words in my head that are transposed on to the computer screen. Sometimes I have no clue what I am going to write about, I just start with some thought in my head and roll with it! And I hope and pray that when I do write something, it can help at least one person who reads it. What I have found absolutely amazing is that I will write a blog and then re-read it a few months later, and it has a completely different meaning but yet it's the same words. Funny how that happens. Just like the pastor at church can give a message to the entire congregation and each person will take something from that message and apply it to their life. Hundreds of people hear the same words, but those words have a totally different meaning to you then the person sitting next to you. That's one of the amazing ways that God works in this life. He uses other people to send messages to us. Sometimes we are so caught up in our own little world, we miss the message He is trying to send us or we ignore it because we do not want to hear it.

This particular blog has no direct message. Just a reminder to always be grateful for the many blessings we are given in this world. Take time to stop and smell the roses and not live your life in fast forward motion. Because if we worry about the future, we miss out on the joys of today. We should always be open minded for whatever plan God has for our life. If we get in the habit of praying on a daily basis and asking Him for guidance, we will eventually learn when God is speaking to us. The trick is to listen to the Lord and follow through with what He instructs you to do. Sometimes it's not always what we want to do, or what we think we should do, but He will never steer us wrong if we praise Him and listen to His word. We are all tested each day and we must endure those tests to receive more pieces of the puzzle of our lives. Life is a big mystery; we never know what will happen from one day to the next. We never know when "the day" is coming and Jesus will come back for us. So live today to the fullest, plan for tomorrow, and be prepared to let the Lord guide your future. And if you can do that, you are doing exactly what He wants you to do. Stay strong, move ahead, look ahead and always remember He is there with you each and everyday if you just look for Him. Have a wonderful day and may God bless your path today!

No comments: