Wednesday, September 30, 2009

RIP Grandma Becky

Sadly on Monday, September 28, 2009 we lost a special family member. It was the great grandmother to my daughters on their dad's side of the family. I was a part of that family for many years, so I still considered her like a grandma to me as well. Her health had started to decline over the past couple of years, but let me say she was a tough cookie. She was hanging on even at the very end of her life. I went to visit her in the hospital last week. I never knew a week later I would be attending her funeral. I remember as I left the room, the last thing I said to her was "see you soon." I just did not know how soon, nor did I know she would be at peace the next time I saw her. She had 6 children so that alone explains what a remarkable person she was. As it was recently said to me, she was the rock that held the family together. And she certainly was. She will be sadly missed by all who knew and loved her. I am grateful I got to be a part of her life for years. I am glad my girls were a part of her life. I was reading her obituary today and it reads that she was preceded in death by her husband and one great-grandchild. That great-grandchild was the daughter I lost that went to be with God and the angels 6 years ago. I did not know it would appear in the obituary and it brought all of those feelings back as if it was just yesterday. I am sure Mindy Grace was right there to meet Grandma Becky at Heaven's Gates with open arms. Although we miss both of them tremendously, they are watching over us in Heaven and are no longer in pain. They are at peace and flying with angels wings watching over us from Above. May God be with the family and friends of Grandma Becky as we say our final goodbyes this week. She was a remarkable woman and we will all miss her dearly.


Remember to hug your loved ones a little tighter tonight. You just never know when that day is coming so count your blessings, and be grateful for all of God's wonderful gifts you have been given on this day and everyday you are blessed here on earth. Live happy, laugh often and love much because life is certainly too short not to do all of the above!


RIP Grandma Becky. We Love and Miss You!








No comments: