Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Italy Anyone?

Have you ever been to an Italian restaurant? Well if you answered yes, you know how they are set up. Wonderful delicious food, friendly service, pictures on the wall and statues that you don't see in your typical American home. You know what I mean if you've been to an Italian restaurant before.

So back up to last weekend when I take my oldest daughter to an Italian restaurant for the first time. She didn't think much at first until we went into the bathroom. It was then that she saw the "scary" pictures on the wall and didn't know what to think. So then we come back to the table and sit down with our lovely friends and she tells me that the restaurant scares her. WHAT?!?! WHY?!?! It's a RESTAURANT for pete's sake. I couldn't quite gather what made her SOOOO scared of a place to eat. And then I realized. Realized the reason she was scared of the very place we were sitting in.

To us adults, those types of pictures and statues and things of the sort are no big deal. And the pictures on the wall were not bad at all. They were very classy for the nice restaurant we were in. But for my daughter, it was "scary." So after I got over the initial chuckle of her being "scared," it gets even better. She tapped me a few minutes later while taking a big bite of my dinner. She has the biggest eyes I've ever seen and with the most serious expression ever looks at me and says, "Mommy, I'm never going to Italy."

So after almost choking on my food from laughing, I looked at her and said "ok, dear, you never have to go to Italy if you don't want to." Then I had to share her theory about Italy with the rest of our table because it was way too hilarious! It was a rather cute theory about Italy and proves the fact you never know what kids are going to say when!

So parents beware if you dare take your child into an Italian restaurant, make sure it doesn't scar them for life into never wanting to visit the wonderful country of Italy! Now one day when she flies to Italy, I will have to remind her of the first time she went to the Italian restaurant...



It's the Pope!







The "scary" ceiling of the Pope Room

1 comment:

Little Country Girl said...

I hate Italy!!!!! It is the weirdest and grosest country ever! And I would never go to Italy, but I MIGHT go if Taylor Swift goes with me! I'm glad that my little sister didn't go (especially in the bathroom and look at the scary pictures)!!